[CMake] Bug on AIXC in CMake 2.6.1, was "RE: Problem with add_definitions on CMake 2.6.0 RC 6 and RC 8 on AIX"

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Sep 10 16:12:47 EDT 2008

Dieter Rosch wrote:
> I've finally had time to play with this a bit.
>
> It turns out that in cmake-2.6.1/Modules/Platform/AIX.cmake, the following
> line is missing
>
>   SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILE_OBJECT
>     "<CMAKE_C_COMPILER> <DEFINES> <FLAGS> -o <OBJECT> -c <SOURCE>")

That is supposed to be set by default in Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake:

IF(NOT CMAKE_C_COMPILE_OBJECT)
  SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILE_OBJECT
    "<CMAKE_C_COMPILER> <DEFINES> <FLAGS> -o <OBJECT>   -c <SOURCE>")
ENDIF(NOT CMAKE_C_COMPILE_OBJECT)

The only reason the CXX one is set is because it differs from the
default.  There is an extensive "Preprocess" test that passes on all
platforms, including AIX.  Something else is going on.

Can you please post an example CMakeLists.txt file that reproduces the
problem?