[CMake] Compiler varience?

Preston A. Elder prez at goth.net
Tue Sep 9 14:30:08 EDT 2008

That does help a lot, but I think does not go quite far enough.

As I said, there are other things that need to be done such as:
- Adjusting warning levels (CMAKE_WARN_LEVEL=(None|Full|Standard) )
- Forcing a 32-bit or 64-bit compile
- Allowing for platform-specific builds if possible (ie. don't maintain
i386 compatibility, compile specifically for i686).

Most of these can be done in all supported compilers, but the flags for
doing so are different per-compiler.  Since the Platform directory
exists (thanks for pointing it out, I didn't see it before), is there
any thoughts on an effort to expand this to more than just optimization
and debug flags?

Preston.