[CMake] CMAKE ERROR WITH BORLAND

Sharma, Gaurav Gaurav.Sharma at Safenet-inc.com
Tue Sep 9 03:28:16 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I assume it's the right place to raise my query regarding usage of cmake
with Borland c++ builder v5.5.

I am trying to generate makefile for my source tree with Borland c++
v5.5 compiler using cmake.

But when I click on configure button after choosing all the settings
like:

source code location

build binaries location

compiler(Borland in my case)

and makefile(Borland makefile)

It give the following error:

CMake Error: The compiler "C:/Borland/BCC55/Bin/bcc32.exe" is not able
to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Make:error-Configuration file '/etc/startup.mk' not found

While I have tested that my Borland compiler is able to compile any
.c/.cpp file perfectly.

When I try to generate the make files for vc6 compiler it gives no error
and generates makefiles.

I have attached one of my very small "CMakeLists.txt" that I am using
for testing purpose.

It uses one test_borland.c file with in the same directory in which the
CMakeLists.txt exists.

Please help me out.

Thanks In Advance

Gaurav