[CMake] KDevelop3 generator issue, Was: Bug? Broken header files in Visual C++ 2008 project

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 4 19:18:54 EDT 2008

On 04.09.08 23:41:13, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 04 September 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 03.09.08 23:45:56, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > <projectdirectory>
> > > <projectmanagement>
> > > <absoluteprojectpath>
> > > <filelistdirectory>
> > > <buildtool>
> > > <builddir>
> >
> > I changed the builddir, by renaming it. Then re-run cmake -GKDevelop3
> > and it didn't update the builddir entry in the .kdevelop file. After
> > removing the CMake-related files, but leaving the kdevelop files the
> > builddir is updated properly.
>
> Hmm, I can't reproduce this.
> I created a basic "hello world" example and then let kdevelop create the
> makefile and project files (attached as "Project.kdevelop.initial"), then
> loaded the project in kdevelop and changed the author to "xyz", quit kdevelop
> and modified the builddir manually by appending "-xxx" (attached
> as "Project.kdevelop.modified"), then touched the CMakeLists.txt and then run
> make, which rerun cmake (the resulting file is attached
> as "Project.kdevelop").
> As I exptected the builddir is changed back to the real one and the author is
> still there.

Right, I just realized that my test wasn't quite "ok"/fair, because I
literally renamed the builddir on disk and then re-ran cmake without
removing the buildfiles. I know this is not supported and hence no real
bug.

Andreas

--
It is so very hard to be an
on-your-own-take-care-of-yourself-because-there-is-no-one-else-to-do-it-for-you