[CMake] cpack, nsis and visual studio 9

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Sep 4 09:28:07 EDT 2008

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Sep 2008, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
>> Boudewihn,
>>
>>   I cannot see the following line in your code:
>>
>> INCLUDE(${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/InstallRequiredSystemLibraries.cmake)
>>
>> What option did you set ?
>
> Er. I think that was a cut & pasto: I have got it:
>
> INCLUDE(CPack)
> INCLUDE(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)
>
> and then the rest.

Did you install service pack 1 for Visual studio 9?  We have been having
some trouble with that.  It seems that when you compile with VS 9 it
puts one manifest in your .exe, and the redist msvcm90.dll manifest has
a different version.  One way to tell is to open your .exe file in a
text editor and find the embeded xml for the manifest.  Check the
version numbers.  They SHOULD match the ones in the .manifest files that
are next to the executable.  Also make sure you recompile all the code
after you install the service pack.

-Bill

--
Bill Hoffman