[CMake] cmake 2.6 insists on using MSVC x64 even when in 32 bit shell

Anders Moe anders.moe at geocap.no
Wed Sep 3 04:10:32 EDT 2008

Hi all

I'm trying to compile a 32 bit version of VTK using the 32 bit MSVC 2005 command shell. Note that I'm running XP64.

This works fine for Qt, but cmake gives an error during the "simpel test program compile" where it appears that the test solution *.sln is setup for x64, since the error says

"module machine type x64 conflicts with machine type 32"

Seems as if cmake is  overly zealous  in detecting the x64 setup even when it shouldn't. Does anyone know how to force it into 32 bit mode ? Thanks,

I saw someone else having a similar problem here, but the other way around (32 bit in 64 mode)

Anders.
Software Integration ManagerGeocapw: +47 22 95 56 66