[CMake] Extending cmake to using windows installer xml

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Sep 2 09:05:43 EDT 2008

You'll want to write a new C++ subclass of cmCPackGenerator, naming it
cmCPackWIXGenerator to follow the existing naming convention of the other
generators.
You'll need to add code the CMake/Source/CPack/cmCPackGeneratorFactory.cxx
to expose it to the world.

And you'll need to add code to CMake/Modules/CPack.cmake to expose any
options and add a switch for it.

You can add a feature request for a WIX generator at
http://public.kitware.com/Bug and then attach a patch to it if you can get
it working.

Questions to this list as you go...

HTH,