[CMake] Visual Studio dependency/auto-install help

Eric NOULARD eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 15:48:23 EDT 2008

Le Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:58:53 -0700,
"Sam Baker" <sam.baker at bigfishgames.com> a écrit :

> When generating MSVS solutions, is there a way to make all library
> projects automatically build the solution's INSTALL project when done?

Why don't you make the "INSTALL" project the default project
of your solution?

Normally INSTALL depends on other target (lib or exe) to be up to date?
So "building" would always fits your needs, or did I miss something?

> I have a game executable and a bunch of DLLs in my solution. When my
> game builds, I have a post-build step that copies the exe file and the
> library DLLs to the folder where I execute the game and where I have
> my art assets that the game loads.

[...]

> I hope that makes sense - I'm sure there's a simple way to solve this;
> help is appreciated.

Another solution would be to systematically add a
"add_custom_command" with the TARGET + POST_BUILD command.

look at the command doc:

         add_custom_command(TARGET target
                            PRE_BUILD | PRE_LINK | POST_BUILD
                            COMMAND command1 [ARGS] [args1...]
                            [COMMAND command2 [ARGS] [args2...] ...]
                            [WORKING_DIRECTORY dir]
                            [COMMENT comment] [VERBATIM])

--
Erk