[CMake] cmake and wxwidgets on windows

Werner Smekal smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 31 04:17:38 EDT 2008

Hi John,

> hi Miguel,
>
> seems that I resolved the problem with CMake not finding
> wxWidgets.
> There must have been a problem while building wxWidgets
> on my machine.
> As I installed wxPack now, CMake finds wxWidgets.

A 400mb download is just an overkill if you only want to use one
compiler. They also use MinGW 4.2.1 which seems to be the source of
your problems (you very likely use MinGW 3.4.5) - also this version of
MinGW is not a good one.

I described how to compile and use the wxWidets library for the plplot
library (which uses cmake), but that should also work for you:

http://www.miscdebris.net/plplot_wiki/index.php?title=WxWidgets

if you have MinGW properly configured in a Windows CLI this should
work without problems for you - and if not I would be interested in
why this cookbook didn't work.

Regards,
Werner

--
Dr. Werner Smekal
Institut fuer Allgemeine Physik

email: smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
web: http://www.iap.tuwien.ac.at/~smekal
phone: +43-(0)1-58801-13463 (office), +43-(0)1-58801-13469 (laboratory)
fax: +43-(0)1-58801-13499