[CMake] assembly files with masm in vs2005 64bit

Bram de Greve bram.degreve at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 03:52:03 EDT 2008

Hi Bill, Alex,

I tried getting it building using custom commands, but that seems to mean of
adding an obj file as "source file" (read: being listed in the project file)
that gets customly build with an assembler.  Apart from being ugly, it
didn't seem to work either.  But in retrospect, that might be because of the
same missing def file I was struggling with for the nmake build.

As Bill says, what I really would like to see is visual studio compiling the
asm file where the asm file itself is considered as the source file.

Bill, is this something that is planned to be worked on?

Alex, your cmake files work great for the nmake build.  Is it allowed to
ship these files with the project that needs them (and to check them into
the svn repository), as long as they are not part of the cmake distribution
yet?

Regards,
Bram

2008/10/30 Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>

> Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>>> I am pretty sure, this would require C++ changes to support.
>>>

>> I thought languages beside C/C++ are supported in these generators via
>> custom commands ?
>>

> They are, but it is not going to be real support, and is under tested, so I
> am thinking it won't work...  I would think people would want visual studio
> actually compile the asm stuff like it does the c/C++.
>

> -Bill

hi, i'm a signature viruz, plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)