[CMake] RPM Package Dependencies

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:25:55 EDT 2008

2008/10/30 David Graf <david.graf at 28msec.com>:
> Hello
>
> I would like to add a dependency to a RPM packages that is generated by
> CPack 2.6 manually. Is this possible (similar to the DEB solution that is
> setting the variable CPACK_DEBIAN_PACKAGE_DEPENDS)?

No currently, there is no such feature.
However Would you try to replace the CPackRPM.cmake file
currently installed on your system with the one attached to this mail.

Then try to define
CPACK_RPM_PACKAGE_REQUIRES in your CMakeLists.txt
with the appropriate value.

The rebuild your RPM with cpack.
Then verify that the dependency is properly set using:

rpm -qpR <yourrpm>.rpm

If all this did go smooth, would you be kind enough to
file a feature request in the bug tracker and I'll try to make the update
if the CMake dev team is interested.

If it does not work for you,
please file a feature request :=)

I'll try harder.