[CMake] cmake and wxwidgets on windows

Werner Smekal smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 30 09:18:07 EDT 2008

Hi John,

uncomment the debug message output in FindwxWidgets.cmake:

# Helper macro to control the debugging output globally. There are
# two versions for controlling how verbose your output should be.
MACRO(DBG_MSG _MSG)
   MESSAGE(STATUS
     "${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_FILE}(${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_LINE}): ${_MSG}")
ENDMACRO(DBG_MSG)
MACRO(DBG_MSG_V _MSG)
   MESSAGE(STATUS
     "${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_FILE}(${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_LINE}): ${_MSG}")
ENDMACRO(DBG_MSG_V)

you'll get much more information which normally should give you hints
where the problem is. I usually compile wxWidgets with the commands

mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=debug MONOLITHIC=1 SHARED=1

or

nmake -f makefile.vc BUILD=debug MONOLITHIC=1 SHARED=1

set the %WXWIN% environment variable and add some cmake options, e.g
for MinGW debug:

-DwxWidgets_LIB_DIR=%WXWIN%\lib\gcc_dll -DwxWidgets_CONFIGURATION=mswd
-DwxWidgets_USE_MONOLITHIC=ON

Have a look also at the top of FindwxWidgets.cmake about the available
options. Together with the debug output this should help you to find
the problem.

Are you using MinGW or Visual C++?

Regards,
Werner

On 30.10.2008, at 13:44, John wrote:

> hi Miguel,
>
> updating the FindwxWidgets has helped a little bit.
> Now wx_LIB_DIR is found. but nothing has changed that
> wxwidgets is still not found.
>
> see this screenshots to illustrate my problem.
> http://www.perlproductions.at/downloads/cmake_error.jpeg
> http://www.perlproductions.at/downloads/cmake.jpeg
>
> John

Dr. Werner Smekal
Institut fuer Allgemeine Physik
Technische Universitaet Wien
Wiedner Hauptstr 8-10
A-1040 Wien
Austria

email: smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
web: http://www.iap.tuwien.ac.at/~smekal
phone: +43-(0)1-58801-13463 (office), +43-(0)1-58801-13469 (laboratory)
fax: +43-(0)1-58801-13499