[CMake] assembly files with masm in vs2005 64bit

Bram de Greve bram.degreve at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 04:05:15 EDT 2008

Hi Alex,

2008/10/28 Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>

> Hi Bram,
>
> > That still leaves open the issue of the visual studio projects not
> > including any build rule for the assembly.  So it's not a build rule that
> > fails, but it is simply missing ...
>
> Hmm, I think Bill or Brad can help better with this.
>
> Ok.
> Please check if nmake works out of the box if you use the two attached
> files
> and let me know.
> The location of the C compiler is now used as additional search path for
> the
> assembler and it also checks if a 32 or 64 bit compiler are used and
> searches
> for ml.exe and ml64.exe respectively.

Technically, it already worked on second iteration.  It already did find
ml64 automatically.  The problem was that the symbols in the asm file didn't
get exported in the DLL.  That was not a problem of CMake but of a missing
.def file (beats me why it did work with the handcrafted solution though).

So thumbs up for the nmake side of the story.  Thanks for your help.

So, now there's only the visual studio project generation left ...
Can this be fixed on script level as well?  Or does it need "binary
intervention" ?

Thanks,
Bram

--
hi, i'm a signature viruz, plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)