[CMake] Fortran to C mapping module

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at wldelft.nl
Tue Oct 28 04:43:02 EDT 2008

Bill Hoffman wrote:

> George Neill wrote:
>
>> Bill,
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Bill Hoffman
>> <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have just checked in a module to help with the linking of Fortran
>>> from C.
>>>   I would appreciate some feedback, and perhaps some testing with
>>> different
>>> Fortran compilers.  Does anyone know of a web site that lists different
>>> Fortran compiler name mangling schemes?
>>

>> Not sure if this will help you much, but,
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_mangling#Name_mangling_in_Fortran
>> speaks of a few.
>>
> I had most of that covered, but did not know this:
>
> already containing an underscore ("FOO_BAR") has two underscores
> appended ("foo_bar__"),
>
> That is a tricky one, I will add a check for.

For my project to combine Fortran and Tcl I have devised something similar.
You can find it at http://ftcl.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ftcl/src/
(http://ftcl.sf.net for the project itself)
It implements every scheme I am aware of.

Note that with Fortran 2003 interfacing between Fortran and C becomes
much easier as you
can do that via the ISO_C_BINDINGS module.

Regards,

Arjen