[CMake] SS12 and -xcode=pic32

George Neill georgen at neillnet.com
Mon Oct 27 21:22:14 EDT 2008

Bill,

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> George Neill wrote:
>>
>>> Setting these in the right place should work.
>>>
>>> project(foo)
>>> set(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_C_FLAGS "-xcode=pic32")
>>> add_library(foo SHARED  foo.c)
>>
>> I believe this is my issue, I am setting the variable before I issue
>> the PROJECT command.  I have created my own CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE's and I
>> do all of my "compiler" (flags, etc...) assignments before the PROJECT
>> command, is there a better way to do this?
>>

> That would do it...
>
> You want to look at CMAKE_USER_MAKE_RULES_OVERRIDE:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#variable:CMAKE_USER_MAKE_RULES_OVERRIDE

Thanks, I will do that.

I have read through,
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#How_can_I_extend_the_build_modes_with_a_custom_made_one_.3F,
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-September/023808.html and
http://www.mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~jw/cmake/CMakeModules/DefineFlags.cmake
... and I must have assumed all of the compiler flags should be set
before the PROJECT command had been issued.

Is there a better place to read up on how to properly override the
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE and compiler options?

Also, I have placed a small example project which overrides
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE and compiler options here
(http://sugar.bitshed.com/example.zip) ... if you, or anyone else, has
time, would you look at it and provide guidance/comments!?

TIA,
George