[CMake] CMake problem on Solaris with suncc

Gerhard Gappmeier gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com
Mon Oct 27 09:56:14 EDT 2008

Hi

this was a good tip to configure the compiler using the environment variables.
I just changed -m64 to the old xtarget settings, because this is to new for my
compiler.
I removed all compiler settings from the CMakeLists.txt and now it seems to
work, except from the assembler.

Now I'm using this environment.

#!/bin/bash
# configure compiler
CC=/home/local/opt/SUNWspro.11/bin/cc
CXX=/home/local/opt/SUNWspro.11/bin/CC
CPP=$CXX
CFLAGS="-xtarget=ultra -xarch=v9"
CXXFLAGS="-xtarget=ultra -xarch=v9"
LDFLAGS="-xarch=v9"
# configure cmake
PATH=$PATH:/home/sag/cmake-2.6.2-SunOS-sparc/bin
export PATH CC CXX CPP CFLAGS CXXFLAGS LDFLAGS

When compiling the assembler file I now get the error
/usr/ccs/bin/as: "/path/to/file/platforms/linux/cas32.s", line 7: error:
cannot use v8plus instructions in a non-v8plus target binary

because it seems not to evaluate the CFLAGS with arch=v9
Is there any other environment variable that is passed to the assembler?

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Gerhard Gappmeier
ascolab GmbH - automation systems communication laboratory
Tel.: +49 9131 691 123
Fax:  +49 9131 691 128
Web: http://www.ascolab.com
GPG-Key: http://www.ascolab.com/gpg/gg.asc