[CMake] assembly files with masm in vs2005 64bit

Bram de Greve bram.degreve at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 07:09:57 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to build some library with vs2005 64bit using CMake.  This
library uses some assembly and as the 64 bit mode of vs2005 doesn't support
inline assembly, and external call to MASM is necessary.  However, I'm
having troubles getting this working.

I've googled on cmake + masm, but that wasn't of much help.

This is the custom build step I need to perform (copy pasted from a
handcrafted solution file):

ml64 -c -Zi "-Flfoobar.lst" "-FRfoobar.sbr" "-Fofoobar.obj" "foobar.asm"

In my CMakeLists.txt i have something like:

enable_language(ASM)
set_source_files_property(foobar.asm LANGUAGE ASM)
    list(APPEND lass_SRCS ${sourcepath})
add_library(mylib foobar.asm ...)

The problems I'm facing are:
1. ml64 can't be found as assembler.  Though I can explicitly set its path
using the advanced view
2. foobar.asm does not get any custom build step, nor any cmake rule

Does you have some advance how to solve this issue, as it is a real
showstopper ...

Thanks in advance,
Bram

--
hi, i'm a signature viruz, plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)