[CMake] Changing CMake default directories.

Paweł Żak p.zak at gamesystem.pl
Wed Oct 22 07:47:07 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a problem with changing CMake default directories and I need your
help.

The usual layout of projects we develop in my company presents like this:
project --- src (sources and headers)
         |-- lib (libraries and archives)
         |-- bin (binaries)
         \-- tmp (temporary files)

I'm unable to set it in this way using CMake, because it always creates
`CMakeFiles' directory in `project' and `src' dirs. I tried to change this
behaviour by setting CMAKE_FILES_DIRECTORY to `tmp' but it doesn't work
for me. The directory is being created but some of generated files (mostly
 from other modules) are still put into `CMakeFiles'. I was wondering if
running CMake with -C option and a script with `CMAKE_BINARY_DIR' set to
`tmp' might do the trick but since it is rather inelegant solution I'm
asking you first.

	Kind regards
	Paweł Żak