[CMake] CMake 2.6.2, Xcode and Fortran...

Carminati Federico Federico.Carminati at cern.ch
Wed Oct 15 09:35:42 EDT 2008

Hello Bill,
    Thanks for your mail. I can see you are in the user support
business too ;-) "Please make a simple example". OK, you are right.
Here what I have done. I have made the simplest possible example (see
files attached). I installed the latest version from cvs and now I
have had some success:

- The "bug" where fortran flags "percolated" through C when generating
Xcode is still there. This is normal as it is still open in the bug
tracker. Would be nice to see this fixed if possible.

- However, the other problem, i.e. gfortran failing verification seems
to be gone (miracle?) I can generate an Xcode project and gfortran is
correctly verified even if the plugin is present.

- Now things are still NOT completely ok, because I have the error
message

warning: no rule to process file '/Users/fca/cmaketest/sub.F' of type
sourcecode for architecture i386

However this just happens because cmake does not put the files in the
right place. The file is

Test->Sources->hello

and therefore it has file type "sourcecode", which is generic and does
not tell Xcode what to do with it

If I just move it by hand into the right place

Test->Sources->hello->Source Files

Xcode is smart enough to give it the type sourcecode.fortran and
everything works correctly.

So the question is now, would it be possible for CMake to put Fortran
files in the "right" place treating them as source files? In this case
it will be up to Xcode to see whether it can make use of the info or
not, but at least they will be treated as source files. Thanks and
best regards,

Federico Carminati
CERN-PH
1211 Geneva 23