[CMake] CMake 2.6.2, Xcode and Fortran...

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Oct 14 20:28:25 EDT 2008

Dick Munroe wrote:
> Bill, Well, Xcode certainly supports Fortran well enough with the Intel
> 10.1 preview compiler to successfully build and install software using
> Xcode, so I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't support Fortran" unless
> it's dependency stuff. So if the Intel fortran compiler works (and I
> have an existence proof that it does), is it a simple matter of hacking
> the Xcode generator to "know" about the fortran language extensions and
> get the lastKnownSourceFile right? Presumably you would have to look at
> the source file properties as well to see if it is explicitly fortran.
> There are some debugging issues, but from what I've heard from Intel
> they plan to continue to work toward better Xcode integration, so...
> Best, Dick Munroe Michael Jackson wrote:

I mean gfortran:

http://maxao.free.fr/xcode-fortran-plugin/

Fortran is not native to Xcode.  I guess intel Fortran must have some
sort of extra stuff for Xcode.  So, yes it is a matter of coding up the
Xcode generator to create the right input for Xcode with Fortran (not a
default option at the moment).  Most likely different for Intel and
gfortran.

-Bill