[CMake] Updated WinCE CMakefiles

Andreas Pokorny andreas.pokorny at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 04:21:47 EDT 2008

Hello,

2008/10/14 Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:
> [...]
> For the files in Platform/ :
>
> Why did you create Generic-Windows.cmake and Generic-Windows-cl.cmake ?
> Until now the "Generic-" prefix is used as the name of the "operating system"
> if there is no operating system (i.e. only when cross compiling). So reusing
> it here for Windows feels wrong.
> I'd suggest to just name them Windows.cmake and Windows-cl.cmake again.

For now reason. I wasnt aware that Generic- would be detected as operating
system string. So I fully aggree.

> When I had a look at Windows-cl.cmake last year, it relied on the fact that
> it's running on 32 or 64 bit Intel machines, i.e. if it's 32 bit, then it's
> i386, otherwise the 64 bit version.
> It seems you changed that appropriately ?

The check is now more complex. It assumes that the selected cl compiler only
creates one type of binary. An object file, created by that cl
compiler is analyzed
with dumpbin. The output of dumpbin is parsed and then the machine type used
for link.exe is selected. I hope that new check, and the fact that the
code relies
on the existance of dumpbin.exe (which is searched quite extensively) does not
break existing setups.

regards
Andreas Pokorny