[CMake] ASM issue: regression from 2.6.0 to 2.6.2?

Emmanuel Blot eblotml at free.fr
Mon Oct 13 16:54:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've just upgrade from CMake 2.6.0 to CMake 2.6.2.

All our C projects that relies on some assembler file (ARM assembly)
are now broken.
I'm not sure about what has changed in CMake so that ASM stopped to
work.

The 3 CMakeASM* files look identical (between 2.6.2 and 2.6.0), we use
"ATT-"ASM

We use the following statement, to override the default ASM definitions:

SET (CMAKE_ASM-ATT_COMPILE_OBJECT  "<CMAKE_ASM-ATT_COMPILER> <FLAGS> -
c -o <OBJECT> <SOURCE>")

However, it seems these directives are no longer used, but ignored.

For example, compiling a .s file leads to the following CMake
invokation of the GCC frontend:

arm-elf-gcc  -Isrc -Wall  -o CMakeFiles/src/mpopt.s.o src/mpopt.s

the CMAKE_ASM-ATT_COMPILE_OBJECT is no longer used, therefore the "-c"
flag is not passed to the compiler, which in turns try to link the
resulting object file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Emmanuel