[CMake] Object files: .o vs .obj?

Phil Smith phil at voltage.com
Thu Oct 9 12:26:58 EDT 2008

With (allegedly) identical CMake setups, we have two machines that generate different outputs: .o vs. obj. The one that generates .obj has Visual Studio installed, the other doesn't.

I tried adding
        SET(CMAKE_C_OUTPUT_EXTENSION ".obj")
to my Toolchain file, but it made no difference.

The CMake invocation is:

cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE:string="%DIGNUS_SOURCE%\zosport.cmake" -G"Unix Makefiles" %DIGNUS_SOURCE%\vtk-core\

I even added:
 message(STATUS "Generator is ${CMAKE_GENERATOR}")
in the ".obj" machine's CMakeLists.txt (that's the machine with Visual Studio installed), again, no difference.

I'd slightly rather force .obj than .o, but in any case, I need it to be predictable. Any ideas?
--
...phsiii

Phil Smith III
phil at voltage.com