[CMake] configure_file and Source Control

LaViolette, Alan ALAVIOLETTE at overwatch.textron.com
Wed Oct 8 11:06:27 EDT 2008

Hi, I am using configure_file to produce some build varient files.  I
need to have these output files in source control so other developers
can access the results without needeing to build this library.  To do
this I need to checkout the output file before it is writen.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to do this?  Could CMake
support this?

My current idea is to run a script that will check them out before I run
CMake.  I would prefer if I only checked them out if they are modified.

I was also thinking I could have configure_file generate a temp file and
create a custom build rule to checkout and copy the file to the real
name.

Thanks
Alan.