[CMake] Disabling warnings in Visual Studio Express 2008

user790 user790 user790 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:02:15 EDT 2008

 2008/10/6 Werner Smekal <smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at>

> Hi,
>
> one thing I would try is
>
> add_definitions( -wd1234 )
>
> since, cmake changes the - or / automatically for the compiler, as well as
>
> add_definitions( "/wd1234" )

None of these work here. If that indeed works for other configurations, I
find this inconsistency rather unpleasing...

> And as a last idea, you can set these warnings with #pragma calls in your
> sourcecode. Since this warning is compiler specific anyway, that's not a
> problem.

Indeed. As this is my first attempt at using CMake for a project, I am using
it to learn how to use this tool. This kind of problem and esp. the
inconsistency that appears to exist between configurations makes it hard for
the beginner to build trust...

 Thanks for your help,

Tom