[CMake] WIN32_EXECUTABLE - Config specific settings for visual studio generated project files?

Jason Eubank jason.ae86 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 20:53:46 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to set the target property '
WIN32_EXECUTABLE' on a per-config basis (i.e. you can set link-flags on a
per-config basis using LINK_FLAGS_<Config>). From reading the documentation
this does not seem possible and if you set this property then all
configurations (in Visual Studio) use the same subsystem setting.

My desired behavior is to have debug builds running from a console but
release mode builds running as a pseudo-WinMain without having to re-run
CMake generation. Is it possible to set the subsystem setting somewhere else
since this is a Visual Studio only practice (I assume). It is common
practice for win32 developers to change this setting per-config as it allows
for extra debug information to be visible when it is needed and to be hidden
when it is not.

If this is not possible what are the steps to see this evaluated as a
feature request?

If submitting this as a feature request is not possible, what are the steps
for submitting a patch, as I am confident I can implement this feature
personally.

Thanks!

Jason