[CMake] Compute Node Linux (CNL)

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Oct 3 04:46:34 EDT 2008

Alex

> So with CNL you run a simplified Linux on the compute nodes instead of
> Catamopunt ? And that simplified Linux doesn't support shared libs ? And you
> build on these nodes ?

We build on the head node, but it creates binary compatible executables.
As it turns out, shared libs are (or might be) supported if you can
ensure that they are seen correctly by all compute nodes - which in our
case means either building on /scratch or doing a make install to there.
(There might be some other hoops to jump through to make the executable
image file correctly load them, but I've not fully investigated this yet).

I had some other compatibility problems and have not yet revisited the
build so I can't tell if all is ok or not. I will probably get back to
it when I have spare time, but I'll make a mental note of your flag
below for when and if I need it.

thanks

JB