[CMake] (CPack) Separate packaging of subdirectories

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:48:27 EDT 2008

2008/10/2 0xd34df00d <0xd34df00d at gmail.com>:
> Hi there!
>
> I have a project which consists of main application, few helper
> libraries and some plugins, each of them is in its own directory with
> own CMakeLists.txt and target. Targets are added using ADD_LIBRARY and
> ADD_EXECUTABLE commands.
> How could I instruct CPack to create separate binary packages for each
> directory (or such target)?

You may either try to use CPack Component:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack
but it is not supported by many CPack generator [yet].

or you'll have to create several projects,
one for part you want to package separately.

The real question is why do you want to have so many different
binary packages?

--
Erk