[CMake] unrecognized option - --out-implib

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Oct 2 09:25:23 EDT 2008

John Giordano wrote:
> Hello:
>
>   I have been trying desperately to get CMake to configure my system
> with no luck.
>
>   I am hoping someone can help me.
>
>   I have the gcc compiler running as a cross compiler producing code for
> a coldfire V2 chip.
>
>   The Netburner company has supplied me with the gcc toolchain for cross
> compilling.
>
>   I have tried various build configurations with no luck. I tried all of
> the Eclipse – variants and then tried just using Unix makefiles.
>
>   My “ld” program does not recognize the –out-implib option. This option
> is only for windows so I believe that it correctly is not supporting
> this option.
>
>   Does anybody know a way to get around the –out-implib option?
>
>   Thanks in advance. This is driving me crazy.

The option is coming from the Modules/Platform/Windows-gcc.cmake file.
It specifies rules for creating shared libraries and executables on
windows with GCC.  This platform file was designed for use in MSys and
MinGW environments.  If you are cross-compiling, you should set up your
toolchain file to define the appropriate rules for your target platform.
 In particular, the system name should not be 'Windows' so that CMake
does not think it should load Windows-gcc.cmake.