[CMake] Re: CMAKE_ALLOW_LOOSE_LOOP_CONSTRUCTS TRUE by default

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Fri Feb 29 10:24:36 EST 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 8:00 AM, Sylvain Benner wrote:

>> Will Kitware consider making CMAKE_ALLOW_LOOSE_LOOP_CONSTRUCTS
>> default to on starting with 2.6.0 and doing away with this
>> annoying construct?
>
> I think it would be a cool things to do this.
> Soon I will reformat all our scripts to remove this uneeded stuff,
> I'm pretty sure that a lot of CMake users will also do it.

Yeah, I can't use this feature, because there's a lot of "monkey see,
monkey do" at my work where the developers are not that familiar with
CMake.  If someone copied my code or included it from another project
it will just not work causing confusion.

If it was the default, then I could start using such a feature and
just demand this script code be used in cmake >= 2.6 (I could even
force this in scripts that include it by forcing a minimum cmake
version).

James