[CMake] Xcode project generator and Xcode 3.0 (Leopard)

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Feb 28 15:45:51 EST 2008

On 2/28/08 2:32 PM, Jens Hannemann said:

>CMake (both 2.4.8 and the cvs version as of today) generates correct
>makefiles and KDevelop3 projects. But in Xcode 3.0, the header files
>fail to show up in the project, and no dependencies seem to be
>generated. This means I can modify the headers without Xcode
>complaining or the build system triggering a recompile.

Odd, Xcode doesn't actually need header files to be in the project.  You
can prove this to yourself by creating a small test project and add a
new class but put only the source file in the project.  If you then
change the header and rebuild, Xcode can/should realise it needs to
rebuild the source.

You could also try with Xcode 2.5 (which can be installed at the same
time as 3.0) to see if the problem exists there too.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com