[CMake] CMake and Lua

klaas.holwerda ngi at klaasholwerda.nl
Mon Feb 25 17:15:48 EST 2008

Ken Martin wrote:
> Which is why CMake has
> include, macro, foreach etc. which are all staples of a programming
> language.

Right, much better to spend time on something else, and use Lua for all
these things.
Add wxLua , and  the graphical interface becomes easy too. CMakeSetup is
nice, but i can't organize options the way i want.

So would it be possible to make some hybrid kind of Cmake, which makes
it possible to slowly migrate.
Or how do you think about using existing modules in Cmake syntax. Maybe
calling Cmake macros  from a Lua script?
How exactly did you wrap in Lua what is there now? Can you mix, or is it
just a change or two, and Cmake becomes a lua script?
I think to give this a chance, there need to be both at the same time,
and slowly migrate modules and projects.

Just curious, and like Lua much that i use it as scripting language in
my own project, using Cmake to generate the binding and to build it :-)

Klaas