[CMake] CMake and Lua

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Feb 25 14:36:26 EST 2008

On Monday 25 February 2008, Brandon Van Every wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Alexander Neundorf
>
> <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
> >  After having seen some presentations at FOSDEM, I'm even more convinced
> > that having only limited programming functionality available in build
> > files is a good thing.
>
> What in particular confirmed this opinion of yours?  I did not attend,
> but I read the schedule and noticed there were presentations for both
> CMake and SCons.  Was it something the lecturers said?  Audience
> questions?

Scons seemed more like a framework which you could use to write an actual
build system. You actually have to write a program to build your software,
and deal with a lot of low-level stuff.
I also saw the scons files we had in KDE, and they were partly real programs.
The build system should provide what you need without requiring that you
actually need to program something.

Alex