[CMake] CMake and Lua

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 11:36:21 EST 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 8:03 AM, E. Wing <ewmailing at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Apple introduced
>  a second completely independent framework called Carbon, but they told
>  people they should use Cocoa to get first-class looking applications.

Kitware + the CMake community do not have the resources of Apple.

>  Cocoa is by far the superior framework, but many developers unfamiliar
>  with NeXTSTEP or new to OS X refused to touch Cocoa because they
>  didn't want to learn Objective-C.

Lua is significantly more popular than Objective-C even today.
http://www.tiobe.com/index.html?tiobe_index
Find me evidence of people who refuse to touch Lua.

Trying to please everyone by technical means will result in marginal
gains in popularity.  A marketing campaign would get a lot more bang
for the buck.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every