[CMake] Re: CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and DESTDIR

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Fri Feb 22 12:56:49 EST 2008

Am Freitag 22 Februar 2008 schrieb Fernando Cacciola:
> I expected DESTDIR to be used to *completely define* the folder where the
> libray is intalled, overriding the system-dependent default location
> decided at configuration time, but I just realise that this not the way
> DESTDIR works (with or without cmake).

DESTDIR is used for putting the resulting directory-file structure into an
intermediate directory, either to check the result or to package it without
changing the build system. This is use for packagers like e.g. zip, tar.gz
and debian packages.
Works the same with autotools and probably most build systems out there.

HS