[CMake] parallel builds for ctest

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sat Feb 16 14:22:39 EST 2008

On 2008-02-16 12:38-0500 Bill Hoffman wrote:

> [...]parallel ctest is on the todo list for this year.  Most likely  it
> will be ctest -j N.   We can not depend on the make system to do the parallel
> stuff, and ctest -j would be useful for all generators.

That's excellent news!  The execution of the PLplot tests actually take
about the same time to run as (non-parallel) building of PLplot itself. Now
we are doing our builds in parallel, convenient parallel testing will be
most welcome as well, and I look forward to trying out that new ctest
functionality once you are ready.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).