[CMake] Re: [vtkusers] vtkDICOMImageReader problem

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Feb 15 19:38:47 EST 2008

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
>> On 2/15/08 9:42 PM, Mathieu Malaterre said:
>>
>>  >As a side note, you understand that all of that mess could have been
>>  >avoided if you were using cmake to generate the XCode project for you,
>>  >right ?
>>
>>  Not necessarily.  Carrie started this thread by saying "I'm trying to
>>  make a little change to a working XCode program".  AFAIK, CMake is still
>>  unable to build full fledged Cocoa apps because it does not know how to
>>  deal with nibs and Info.plists.  I would love for you to prove me wrong
>>  by converting my SimpleCocoaVTK example from an Xcode project to a CMake
>>  project. :)
>>
>>  <http://www.rogue-research.com/vtk/SimpleCocoaVTK.html>
>
> Please add those feature requests to:
>
> http://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:OpenTasks

We certainly support info.plist files.  I am not sure what a .nib file is.

See http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Documentation.html
ADD_EXECUTABLE: Add an executable to the project using the specified
source files.

   ADD_EXECUTABLE(exename [WIN32] [MACOSX_BUNDLE] [EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL]
                  source1 source2 ... sourceN)

MACOSX_BUNDLE indicates that when build on Mac OSX, executable should be
in the bundle form.

The MACOSX_BUNDLE also allows several variables to be specified:

   MACOSX_BUNDLE_INFO_STRING
   MACOSX_BUNDLE_ICON_FILE
   MACOSX_BUNDLE_GUI_IDENTIFIER
   MACOSX_BUNDLE_LONG_VERSION_STRING
   MACOSX_BUNDLE_BUNDLE_NAME
   MACOSX_BUNDLE_SHORT_VERSION_STRING
   MACOSX_BUNDLE_BUNDLE_VERSION
   MACOSX_BUNDLE_COPYRIGHT

It configures a those variables into this file:
Modules/MacOSXBundleInfo.plist.in

Then that file gets made part of the bundle.   Where does the nib file go?

-Bill