[CMake] ADD_COMPILE_TEST macro

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 02:52:34 EST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 6:45 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Monday 11 February 2008, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >>   I would like to know if anyone has written a ADD_COMPILE_TEST macro
> >> for cmake. Basically I would like to check that some template
> >> instantiation should not compile, while other should. I tried quickly
> >> doing cmake -P + TRY_COMPILE but I am getting an error :
> >>
> >>    Command TRY_COMPILE not scriptable
> >>
> >>   Code can be found here:
> >
> > Maybe you want CHECK_CXX_SOURCE_COMPILES ? It comes with cmake.
> >
> That won't help, as it is still not going to be accessible from a cmake
> -P script.   Why are you doing this as a -P script and not part of the
> build?

This is a test... I need to run it just like a normal test. I know
this sound weird to check for something that do not compile. The
simpliest case is when I need to trigger a static assert. Another
example could be for ITK to check that their itkConceptChecking are
actually working: Luis are you doing that ?

Or maybe I misunderstood you suggestion, and I could run the test, by
simply sending the stored result from CMakeCache.txt (thus the test
would be run at build time), is this correct ?

Thanks again,
--
Mathieu