[CMake] ctest scripts with svn

Jan Wurster Jan.Wurster at icido.de
Mon Feb 11 05:38:57 EST 2008

 Hi everybody,

 I'm trying to get a ctest (from cmake-2.4.8 release) script to run with
our svn repository and am hitting some obstacles in the way ;)

 To begin with, I can't get the generated DartConfiguration.tcl to
contain an SVNCommand definition. I do set CTEST_SVN_COMMAND and let
ctest insert SVNCOMMAND in the initial CMakeCache.txt - but
CTEST_SVN_COMMAND doesn't seem to have any effect at all. Ok.

 The - slightly hackish - solution to this, from reading on this list,
seems to be to 'misuse' CTEST_CVS_COMMAND instead. However, this breaks
the ExperimentalUpdate stage for me since if CVSCOMMAND is set, cmake
assumes it should update in cvs mode ...

 In my case - since no SVNCommand def is written to
DartConfiguration.tcl - the ExperimentalUpdate stage fails with message
'No CVSCommand, SVNCommand or UpdateCommand found in
DartConfiguration.tcl' ... as soon as I insert an SVNCommand definition
in DartConfiguration.tcl manuall, it works as expected.

 Any ideas? Or maybe a link to a working ctest-script using an svn
repository? ;)

 Best regards,
-.jan.-