[CMake] Wee question about CMake developer etiquette

KHMan keinhong at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 23:11:24 EST 2008

Sebastien BARRE wrote:
> Hello Kein-Hong Man,
>
> At 2/9/2008 10:27 PM, KHMan wrote:
>
>> I have a small question to pose to you guys (ladies and gentlemen
>> alike) on etiquette: Is it normal for a CMake developer to jump
>> into another mailing list and generally act in an obnoxious manner
>> and act aggressively or provocatively?
>
> No, it's obviously not, this would be very regrettable. There is only a
> handful of CMake *developers*, and all of them are at Kitware (i.e.
> @kitware.com); they (and people in our company in general) would
> absolutely *not* act in such way. If, as I suspect, somebody is posing
> as a CMake developer and acting in an unprofessional manner, then you
> should point out the problem (and culprit) to us.

I think some of the questions have been answered by other
postings, so things are clearer in my mind. Thanks for the quick
reply.

As it is, I have tried to look for a list of key developers, but
since the project is identified more with the company, I was
unable to find a list of key developers easily. I looked at the
website and tarball, but didn't manage to get a clear answer.

So from other postings and musings, I gather Brandon does not
speak for Kitware in any way and thus I am relieved for that. I
think that clarification settles things for me.

Thank you,
--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)