[CMake] Problem compiling on XCode @ Leopard

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 17:14:49 EST 2008

If you open the "Build Panel" in xcode where all the build
information is written there is a group of 3 tiny buttons just under
where all the build info is being written. Click the button that
looks like 3 horizontal lines. This should open up another panel that
all the detailed gcc/g++ invocations.

On Feb 7, 2008, at 5:02 PM, Steven Van Ingelgem wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I don't know if this is a known problem, but I'm trying to compile an
> executable at a Mac.
>
> It compiles nicely with the generator "Unix Makefiles", but when I
> compile it under Debug mode in the generator "Xcode", it gives the
> error:
>
> "_main", referenced from:
> start in crt1.10.5.so
> symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>

> Does anyone know what this is? I search google but all those errors
> seem to refer to people using "-shared" instead of "-dynamiclibrary".
> But I'm not trying to create a dll, i'm trying to create an exe?!
>
> And further more, it works fine under the normal makefiles... And
> XCode is just a frontend for gcc so...
>

> How can I show what XCode is doing? So I can compare the linking
> prompts of both makefile & XCode?
>

> Thanks

Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer