[CMake] Custom build (PRE_BUILD step command)

Ivan Chupahin gurinchi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 05:00:19 EST 2008

Hello everyone!

My project uses some source files, wich generated before build start. For
generate this files in CMake i uses ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND with PRE_BUILD option
and  SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES with option GENERATED sets as true
for cancel error during add a file to a target.
But folowing error occurs NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
'my_file'.

Documentation note that the PRE_BUILD option is only supported on Visual
Studio 7 or later. For all other generators PRE_BUILD will be treated as
PRE_LINK. But i need that my generation source file command run before the
build starts on nmake makefile.