[CMake] Install a certain target

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Feb 4 14:34:39 EST 2008

On Monday 28 January 2008, Salvatore Iovene wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a project with several libraries and dependencies. Let's say
> libA, libB and libC where libA depends on libB, which depends on libC.
>
> If I just want to build libB (and libC too of course), I know I can just
> do "make B". But if I do "make install" also A will be built. Is there a
> way to cpack of install everything up to libB?

Not really.
You can use the COMPONENT feature of the install() command to specify sub
components, and cpack can be set up to package only these sub components
(have a look at the generated cmake_install.cmake files for more
information).
(this may require cmake cvs, not sure it is already supported in 2.4.x)

Alex