[CMake] CFlags being passed to Linker (OS X, ICC)

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 17:00:29 EST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008, at 4:46 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:

> Mike Jackson wrote:
>>>
>>> That is this stuff:
>>>
>>> SET(CMAKE_C_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY_FORBIDDEN_FLAGS -w)
>>> SET(CMAKE_CXX_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY_FORBIDDEN_FLAGS -w)
>>>
>>> The -w gets removed by cmake.  I think you can just remove these
>>> flags in the Darwin-icpc.cmake file and you should be fine.
>>>
>>> -Bill
>> Tried commenting out those lines, then blew away my build
>> directory and started over. Same problem. Any other ideas? We
>> revisited this once last year some time. I just can't find what we
>> did to fix it.. or I never did anything and just stopped using the
>> -wd### flag..
> Running a different version of CMake, than the one you are
> changing?  If you get rid of those lines, it should leave -w stuff
> alone.
>
> It clearly stripped out the -w:
>
> /usr/bin/icpc   -DMXADataModel_EXPORTS -wd1170,981,383,424
> /usr/bin/icpc  d1170,981,383,424
>

> -Bill

Just for giggles I used -Wd1170,981,383,424 instead of -
wd1170,981,383,424 (note the capitalization difference). Beside ICC
complaining that this was an unknown flag, the flag got passed
unchanged to the linker, which the linker dealt with just fine. Just
my observations.

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer