[CMake] custom configuration types and linking with 3rd-party libs

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 26 09:01:46 EDT 2008

Yuri V. Timenkov wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 August 2008 03:59:04 Brad King wrote:
>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_2.6_Notes#Importing_Targets
>> http://www.cmake.org/HTML/cmake-2.6.html#command:add_library
>> http://www.cmake.org/HTML/cmake-2.6.html#prop_tgt:IMPORTED_LOCATION_CONFIG
>> http://www.cmake.org/HTML/cmake-2.6.html#prop_tgt:MAP_IMPORTED_CONFIG_CONFI
> I'll take a note of this hint anyways.
> But this approach takes actions to use libraries found by standard find_package
> commands, and event Qt has a significant number of libraries even to pass them
> as list to macro. Same true for boost.

Eventually we plan to have the find-modules actually present their
results through imported targets.  It just hasn't yet been done.  As of
the upcoming 2.6.2 all the needed code on the C++ side will be there.
The find-modules just need to be extended, but that will require help
from volunteers (after the first few are done as examples) due to the
large number of modules.