[CMake] custom configuration types and linking with 3rd-party libs

cyril_wobow cyril at wobow.com
Mon Aug 25 05:04:56 EDT 2008

Hi again,

At the end of the present mail there is a dirty-but-simple patch for
cmComputeLinkDepends.cxx in the cmake sources.
It allows to have configuration types like "GuiDebug, GuiRelease,
ConsoleDebug, ConsoleRelease" and still have the two debug configs be
considered as debug (non-optimized) configs, thus link with the debug
version of 3rd-party libraries.

Wondering if this patch could go into cmake trunk, until a better
solution is found (like real build configuration semantics).

430c430
<   if(this->Config && cmSystemTools::UpperCase(this->Config) == "DEBUG")
---
 >   if(this->Config &&
cmSystemTools::UpperCase(this->Config).find("DEBUG") != std::string::npos)
508c508
<   if(this->Config && cmSystemTools::UpperCase(this->Config) == "DEBUG")
---
 >   if(this->Config &&
cmSystemTools::UpperCase(this->Config).find("DEBUG") != std::string::npos)

Regards,
Cyril