[CMake] Symbolinc links

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Aug 22 11:02:37 EDT 2008

On 2008-08-22 12:14+0200 William Candillon wrote:

> Thank you very much.
> This works fine for the make install target but do you know how I can
> make it work with cpack ?
> I cannot call INSTALL(FILES in my cmake script.

Assuming you meant cpack in that last sentence, you should set up cpack
(from within cmake) following what the CMake project itself does (see the
top-level CMakeLists.txt file for Cmake). Then run either "make
package_source" or "make package" to run cpack to generate source or binary
releases.  The binary releases are made out of whatever you normally install
using cmake so you control what is in the binary release by whatever you
have INSTALLed.  If you use absolute directories for your installs, see
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=4993 and its resolution using
CPACK_SET_DESTDIR.  (Or else search this list for posts concerning
CPACK_SET_DESTDIR.) I haven't actually tried setting CPACK_SET_DESTDIR to ON
myself yet (haven't tried a binary release recently), but I am assured it
works.

For further information see
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Packaging_With_CPack

Alan