[CMake] Questions on features

Jens.Storz at elektrobit.com Jens.Storz at elektrobit.com
Thu Aug 21 09:38:39 EDT 2008

Hello,

we are currently developing with MPC (Makefile project creator) and I'm
trying to find out what advantages we would have with a switch to CMake.
First of all I would like to say, that CMake is very useful for me.
Still there are some things, I'd like to know how to do or if this
features are planned to be implemented.

1) In our MPC generated Visual Studio solution files we can easily
switch the active solution platform. I actually don't know how to
realize this with CMake.
    Example: you are compiling for x86 and want to switch to ARMV4I

2) Is it possible to realize dropdown lists with multiple options in
CMake GUI setup? I'm only aware of boolean ( ON | OFF ) and strings.
    Example: you want to select processor from a list (x86, ARMV4I, SH4,
...) to avoid misspelling when using strings.

3) Assume you have a lot of features to select including dependencies.
How can I realize to set a dependent feature in the CMake GUI setup, if
another is changed?
    Example 1: your car can have a "radio" (bool) and "mp3" (bool). If
you select "mp3"=ON, "radio" is also set to ON.

I hope you can give me some hints to make things easier.

thank you in advance
Jens Storz

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.