[CMake] CMake CVS + CPack + NSIS - Installing files with spaces

Gregory Peele ARA/CFD gpeele at ara.com
Wed Aug 20 14:26:27 EDT 2008

Yes, I filed this as bug #7470
(http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=7470).  Thanks for following
up!

Greg Peele

From: David Cole [mailto:david.cole at kitware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:16 PM
To: Doug Gregor
Cc: Gregory Peele ARA/CFD; cmake at cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] CMake CVS + CPack + NSIS - Installing files with
spaces

Was there ever a bug filed on this? If so, what's the issue number in
the bug tracker?

Thx,

David Cole

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Doug Gregor <doug.gregor at gmail.com>
wrote:

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Gregory Peele ARA/CFD <gpeele at ara.com>
wrote:
> I'm really pleased with the component-based CPack installer with the
NSIS
> backend, and am currently using the July 24th  CVS snapshot of CMake
to take
> advantage of it.  Today I ran into a  puzzler though.  Some of the
files I'm
> installing have spaces in the relative path, and the NSIS script
containing
> them is being generated with extra quotes surrounding the full
relative
> install path, causing makensis to fail.
>

> For example, my file is "Plugin Config.xml", and my install command is
>

> INSTALL (FILES "Plugin Config.xml" DESTINATION bin/config COMPONENT
> PLUGINS).
>

> In the generated NSIS project.nsi file, this creates a line
>

> Delete "$INSTDIR\"bin\config\plugin\Plugin Config.xml""
>

> under the Remove_${PLUGINS} section.  The extra quotes are causing
makensis
> to bail (and confusing it enough that tracking down the actual problem
was
> quite a challenge.)
>

> Do I just not properly understand how to quote strings in CMake, or is
this
> a bug in the NSIS generator?

That's definitely a bug in the generator. Would you file a bug report
at http://public.kitware.com/Bug/ ?

 - Doug