[CMake] CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE / testing with 'wine'

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 18:19:32 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Hendrik Sattler
<post at hendrik-sattler.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 19. August 2008 23:55:30 schrieb Mathieu Malaterre:
>> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:46 PM, Hendrik Sattler
>>
>> <post at hendrik-sattler.de> wrote:

>> > Not in a distribution like Debian. Well unless you are using unstable as
>> > it has a reason to be called like that.
>> > For other cases, the e.g ia32- packaes on amd64 have the same version.
>> > And in this case, they do not differ.
>> >
>> > On other systems where you have 32bit and 64bit libraries mixed (e.g.
>> > Solaris), you also only have _one_ include directory.
>>
>> Very impressive... this means that at any level of inclusion none of
>> the include files has any system specific declaration (even gcc
>> header!).
>
> gcc is not normal software. It actually needs to be specially ported to
> architectures and thus is always special. But the compiler knows where to
> find its include files, so you rarely need to worry about that, do you?
>
> Unless headers are generated at build time of the software that you depend on,
> how could they possibly be different? libz doesn't, just to use your
> example...

Ok I have two questions then for you:
1. what is the flag for gcc to generate byte code for powerpc
(-mcpu=powerpc is deprecated)
2. what is the difference between the gcc package and gcc-multilib. If
gcc package still exist and has not been replaced by gcc-multilib,
there must be a reason...

--
Mathieu